Oceania, continent between the Indian Ocean and the South Pacific Ocean.
Capital – Canberra
Language – English, Chinese, Italian
Official Currency – Australian Dollar (AUD)
How to Apply?
Australia generally has two intakes i.e. February and July, with few Universities offering multiple intake in September & November.
It is suggested that you should start making applications ideally 5-6 months prior to the intake. University generally takes around 4-6 weeks to process the applications.
- A good academic record in High School Certificate or 12 years of schooling
- Some courses such as Computing and Engineering will require Mathematics and /or Science as pre-requisites
- 6.0 IELTS
- A good academic record in Bachelors Degree from a recognized university is necessary
- Any work experience in the field will be helpful
- For MBA programs at some Universities students need to have work experience along with their Bachelors Degree
- 6.5 IELTS
List of Documents required to apply AUSTRALIAN Universities
- Attested copies of mark sheets of Std X, XII, and all the 3 /4 / 5 years of the Bachelors degree.
- At least, 2 Academic reference letters from professors who have taught you most recently. Once reference in case of UG application on the UCAS application form itself.
- If you have work experience then at least one work recommendation from the employer who knows you well and can comment on your professional abilities.
- Statement of Purpose
- Curriculum Vitae / Resume.
- Photocopied score reports of GMAT / IETLS / TOEFL if available / required.
- Others (Certificates / achievements at the State and National Level and extra curricular activities).
- Estimated living expenses – AU$12,000 – $18,000 per year
- Undergraduate course fees on average range from AU$10,000 to AU$16,500 per year.* Graduate course fees on average range from AU$11,000 to AU$18,500 per year.
Broadly there are three types of scholarships for studying in the AUSTRALIA available to Indian students-
- Scholarships offered by AUSTRALIAN institutions
- AUSTRALIA Government sponsored
Your student visa will list the conditions that apply specifically to you. It is important to comply with your visa conditions to avoid visa cancellation. To be granted a student visa you must satisfy the visa requirements and comply with a number of visa conditions for attendance and academic performance which come into effect after you have entered Australia.